Are you in search for a solution to resolve Outlook send receive error 0x80070057? Go through this blog to understand more about this Outlook error and various ways to fix it efficiently.
“Since yesterday, whenever I am trying to send an email message, my MS Outlook application continuously throwing the same error message i.e., Task ‘NTU Mail – Sending’ reported error (0x80070057): ‘Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.’ I tried to repair my account and also cleaned the registry but still, my emails are in Outbox folder. Can someone please tell me that what this error is and how can I unclog my Outbox?”
Getting same error message while clicking on Send or Receive button of Microsoft Outlook and want to resolve this issue? Well, if yes then, certainly you have landed on the right solution page. This article comprises a complete solution for Outlook error code 0x80070057 along with its causes. The blog also also suggests an expert solution to resolve Outlook PST file corruption issues. To recover and repair damaged Outlook PST file, the user can go for reliable SysTools Outlook PST Repair Tool. It can fix highly corrupted PST files in few simple steps.
For a user who needs to find the causes of Outlook 0x80070057 error code, go through the following section and find few manual ways to fix it. So, let us get started!
Introduction to Outlook Send Receive Error 0x80070057
Outlook Error 0x80070057 is an exclusive error of MS Outlook, that may occur in the different Outlook versions such as 2010, 2013 or later on, in different manners. If you are using Outlook 2010 then, you will get “An unknown error occurred, error code: 0x80070057”. Otherwise, if you are working with Outlook 2013 then, the message will “Task email@example.com reported error 0x80070057: Sorry, something went wrong. You should try again.”
Usually, users get this error code in following conditions:
- While connecting their Outlook account to Microsoft Exchange Server
- While clicking on Send / Receive button to transmit or get any email
- While making a new profile on Outlook 2010 in Exchange Server 2003
Outlook Error 0x80070057 can generate different error codes such as:0x000000D7, 0x000000C2, 0x00000029, 0x00000082, 0x000000ED, 0x0000001D, 0x8024002C WU_E_BIN_SOURCE_ABSENT etc.
Reasons for Outlook Error 0x80070057
- Corruption in Outlook PST file
- Bad sectors in the storage device
- Internet connection failure
- Abrupt system shut down
- Various Anti virus software
- File system recovery error
- Virus or malware attacks
- 2 GB PST file size error
Symptoms of Outlook Send Receive Error 0x80070057
- The error will display as xyz.pst is not a personal folders file
- File xyz.pst cannot be found
- 0x80070057 error: xyz.pst is not accessible
- Cyclic redundancy check error: File xyz.pst could not be accessed
- There are errors in xyz.pst file. You need to quit outlook
- File xyz.pst cannot be opened, cannot expand the folder
Manual Technique to Fix Outlook Error 0x80070057
There are few manual tricks to fix Outlook error message and one can opt any method:
#Approach 1: Re-install Outlook Application
- Open Control Panel on your system (Start >> Settings >> Control Panel)
- Now, select Programs >> Uninstall a program
- Choose Microsoft Outlook and click on Uninstall
- After this, again install the Outlook program
#Approach 2: Run Inbox Repair Tool
- Close MS Outlook application (if open)
- Now, in your system search for the exe tool then, open it
- Browse the corrupted Outlook PST files
- Then, click on Start and if the tool found any errors in PST file then click on Repair
#Approach 3: Run Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode
- Launch Outlook program with the basic settings
- Now, click on Disable add-ins
- To run Outlook in safe mode, go to Start to fix Outlook send receive error 0x80070057
- Search for exe/safe in the search box
- Once the task is finished, hit the OK button
#Approach 4: Update Computer Divers
- Open your computer and click on Start Then, hit a right-click on Computer then choose Manage. This will open the Device Manager
- Now, expand any category to find the name of your device and hit right-click on it, and select Update Driver
If Manual Methods Gets Failed then, What’s Next?
As no manual technique is completely safe and it is also possible that they may lead you to data loss condition. So, as we have already discussed in top section, the best solution is to go for reliable and trust-able commercial application. Thus, it is better to use a proficient expert suggested utility to avoid all consequences of free manual methods. We recommend users to use Outlook Recovery software as this is completely safe and secure to download and run. The tool can easily repair severely corrupted Outlook PST files and restore data in different file formats such as PST, EML, MSG, HTML and Office 365 format. As it is an efficient way to resolve Outlook PST files issues, users can easily fix Outlook Send Receive error 0x80070057 via this amazing application.
How to resolve Outlook send receive error 0x80070057 is such a common user query. In this article, we have tried to compile some simple and cost-efficient methods to fix this critical error message. Now, users are free to choose any solution as per their current necessities and preferences.
Also read: vipleague